Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tried to relax and only ended up more stressed and frustrated

So, last night, I decided I was going to get my violins out, stick some Kansas in the CD player, and play to my heart's content to unwind a little bit. That didn't work out as well as I'd thought it would. Since I haven't had time to play in a while, and my instruments have been sitting in the closet since we moved into the new house...a year ago...my strings had gone to hell. Took me a half hour to tune a violin, and then, every time I tried to play, the strings would slip out of tune again. After struggling for an hour, I finally gave up and went downstairs to go through some submissions.

One would think my evening would be fine after that, but no, all was not good. I'd only been sitting on the couch for a few minutes when I heard this horrid shrieking outside, which I knew could only be my cat. She doesn't play well with others. But the thing is, she's a royal bitch to her brother, Piper, and can be to Myles and I at times, but if any strays come around, she cowers in fear and poos herself. Yes, she gets the shit scared out of her, quite literally. I open the door and she comes tearing in while a cat half her size goes running off into the rain...mind you, my cat weighs thirteen pounds. Her stomach sways when she runs. It's quite comical. :)

So I'm getting the pizza out of the oven, the energy just wasn't there to cook anything "real" for dinner, and I look down to see Nikon standing on my white ceramic tile with drops and paw prints of blood all around her. Ugh. And, she's a royal pain in the butt most of the time, so trying to figure out what was wrong with her was NOT FUN. Looks like her ear got tweaked, so no huge vet bills like when she got into a scuffle with a raccoon that ripped her up pretty good.

But needless to say, I got to crawl around on my hands and needs cleaning up bloody paw prints. Grrrrr. I love the cat to death, but man she can be a pain. Piper is so much easier...he's just stupid, and skittish and drools when you pet him. LOL

No comments: