Monday, November 5, 2007

Oh, too too funny

Oh, lordy do I have one for you guys. :)

So I get home from work and then Myles gets home and I go up to his office to talk to him and ask him how his day was. We're chit-chatting a bit and Myles says "Hey, while you're up here, I'm going to put you to work." So, we go to take the air conditioning units out of the two upstairs windows. We had to get them this summer because the central air just wasn't cutting it. We need a new zone installed upstairs, but since we're getting a whole new furnace and AC in a few years, we don't want to spend the money on installing a zone when we can just do it then.

So we got the first one out okay, which was the smaller of the two. Afterwards, I'm standing in my in-process office/future nursery making a space in the closet for the second AC unit to go. I then hear Myles, in a Tim Allen voice say "Oh no." I walk into the hallway and look down into our bedroom to see him standing with his head out the window, looking down. Yeah, not good.
Instead of waiting for me, he thought he could do it on his own and open the window just a quarter of an inch to close the side flaps so he could get his hand around and behind it. Well, a quarter of an inch ended up being an inch and a half. Need I say more.

So Myles turns around and looks at me, and we both just start cracking up. I mean, it wasn't funny, but it was funny. It was one of those moments where all you can do is laugh.
But he actually managed to fix it. He amazing with that stuff. But, yeah. It was funny as hell. So needless to say, the AC isn't square anymore and it has some red marks on it from the mulch below it. We like to think of it as "modern".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

My dad did this once. He'd been taking the unit out of a 3rd floor window and didn't say anything to anyone. Just came downstairs, picked it up, lugged it back inside. My mom just stared at him in disbelief (they'd been divorced for years before this, and he was just over to visit).

It was the last time she ever asked him to help her move anything. :D