Thursday, November 8, 2007

Guess what?

Yup, I'm still in a "mood". I got set off pretty early this morning, too. I ALMOST said things to a coworker that I shouldn't have said. So, shall we list them yet again? Sure, why not.

1) Quitting smoking sucks! I finally figured out the nausea...I looked up nicotine withdrawal symptoms. And, you guessed it, what they call "quitter's flu" is pretty common. And, I'm thinking my pissy mood has something to do with this whole quitting smoking thing. :) Didn't really want to quit, I just can't justify spending over four bucks for a pack of cigarettes everyday. Between Myles and I we're spending about $60 a week on cigarettes...more if we go out because we smoke more when we go out.

2) Yes, I'm going to get political here. I overheard some co-workers talking about the war this morning. They said they don't feel sorry for our guys over in Iraq because 1) the war is pointless, 2) they're the ones who signed up for the military, and 3) it's not like they do anything over there anyways. I had to clench my fists to keep from smacking the lady. My brother jusrt got back from Iraq from a year-long stint back in July. First he was doing transportation, driving the tankers and running fuel, and then he was moved to an assasin squad in Baghdad. He may not agree with why we're there and millions of others don't, but no matter why our guys are there, they're still there! They are still our men and women putting their lives on the line for our country. And to make it even better, my bro probably has to go back in August for another year to a year and a half. And no, they don't just sit around over there. My brother brought back pictures, videos and stories that would make your skin crawl. He had rocks and rotten meat thrown at him by CHILDREN whose parents encouraged them to do so, and he was bombed and lost most of the hearing in one ear. Luckily that was all that happened to him. I don't care if you don't like what's going on with Iraq and Iran and anywhere else. I don't care if you don't like our president. You should count yourself damn lucky to live here in the United States. If you want to complain about the war and our government and everything else, go live in Iraq for a year and come back and tell me what you think after that.

Okay, I'm done for now. I'll try to refrain from anymore rants. Maybe tomorrow I'll post something happy. Like puppies and babies and kittens and flowers.

No comments: