Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I need your help!!!!

A girl I work with lost her home to a fire on Thanksgiving morning. They made it out of the house in their pajamas...not even any shoes on their feet. The Red Cross gave them money to get some clothes...thank God Wal Mart was open on Thanksgiving...but anyways, everything was lost. It looks like the fire was started due to a malfunction with their gas furnace. Everything is a lost. My fiance and I drove over there last evening to see if there was any way we could get some people together to help them go through stuff, but there is literally nothing left but charred walls. I can't even imagine how devastating this is for her and her family.

Jennifer is a huge romance reader, but sadly, she lost all of her books in the fire and right now won't have the money to buy more, since she has things like clothes and every househould staple you can imagine to buy. I'd like to get together a book gift basket for her and would appreciate any romance books anyone can donate to a really good cause. They'll need to be sent to my home address so I can get the present organized for her. Thanks so much to any and all who can help with this. Please contact me with any questions and if you are will to donate books, please contact me and let me know. Thanks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heartbreaking situation.

Sent you an email, if you didn't get it please track me down on the Samhain loops. Big *hugs* to your friends, and to you for being there when they need you most.

lysrian said...

Hi

I would like to help out, but I don't see an email listed for you.

Thanks
Lys
lysrianAThotmail.com

Kim said...

Count me in as well - I'll send an email, but just in case...

Kim said...

Okay - blonde moment - I didn't want to email you at work, so here's mine kimberlynee@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to help. I've a bunch, and bet my MIL would pitch in too. Is there anything else we could send?

Jana Armstrong said...

I'd love to help too! Please email me, Ann.

janajhansonATyahooDOTcom

Marcia Colette said...

Are you kidding me?? I was just about to toss a 16x16x16 inch box of books because they're taking up too much room in my poor-excuse for an office. I'd LOVE to see them have a home with someone who's in need. Send me an address (mc@marciacolette.com). Heck, there might be more than that by the time I'm done putting all of them together.

Unknown said...

I have a whole stack! Please let me know where to send them.

hkdimonATgmailDOTcom

Sara Reinke said...

Hi, Ann,

I just found your blog and read this post. If you'd still like books for your friend, please let me know. I'll send her a signed copy of my latest releases.

:) Sara Reinke