Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm so not in the holiday spirit today

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that people, Wal Mart, McDonalds, and those damn bell ringers are Satan incarnate.

Though, I'm guessing most of my ill will today has to do with the fact that I've got a bad case of the flu or some stomach virus or something. I just feel beat. Sore, body aches, headache, my skin feels raw. Yeah, it's not a good day. This week I've felt off, but I think it's culminating today. And what's worse, is that I leave in an hour and a half to go pick up my neice from a wedding her mom and dad are attending today. Ann wanted the Squirt at the wedding reception for a bit, but I took the opportunity to get to spend lots of time and the whole night with my Samantha. =) God, I hope I don't get her sick.

But, back to what I was orignally talking about...the Satan incarnate stuff. Okay, first up...people. Oh, let me count the ways. Yes, I am a smoker. It's a bad and nasty habit, but Myles has had trouble quitting and if he can't quit, than it makes it extremely difficult for me to quit. Anyways, I may be a smoker, but I still have couth and general...oh, I don't know the word, politeness, neatness....I'm drawing a blank on the right word. I go out shopping today to get my other neice her birthday present for tomorrow (a TON of craft supplies for her to have at my house) and I open my car door only to step in a huge pile of wet cigarette butts that someone had dumped out of their ashtray and onto the parking lot. How gross! Grrr.

And Wal Mart...all I wanted to do was get a damn box of Theraflu to try and make some sort of attempt to feel better (by the way, not working so well), and I had a hell of a time trying to complete that simple task thanks to the annoying people and the lines and the incompetent workers.

And McDonalds. All I wanted was a damn cheeseburger, some fries and a strawberry shake. I know it's not the bes food to eat when one is sick, but oh well. I'm sick, comfort food is allowed. What I got was a cold cheeseburger, some cold fries and an eggnog shake. Yeah, that was a bummer. Probably because everyone there was illegal and didn't understand a damn word of the English that was coming out of my mouth when I ordered. But I'm not even going to go there or else this post will become a novel.

And, at last, the bell ringers. Granted, the Salvation Army is doing a good thing and I've got to give major kudos to the people willing to standing out there in the freezing rain, but when I feel like shit and I have a headache because of it, it doesn't make me joyful to have to enter every store to the music of ear-piercing bells.

Yeah, this is a not a good day for me.

No comments: