Sunday, October 14, 2007

The loss of someone dear


I've been a bit MIA this weekend and I will probably be for the next few days, just doing what I have to to get by. On Friday afternoon, I received the news that one of my bestest friends had died in a car accident. Sadly, he had been drinking, ran a stop sign and ran into a tree. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and the car rolled a few times. And to make things even more wonderful, he died on my "future" wedding date, October 11, since he died at about 11:15 at night, though he wasn't found until 8:00 the next morning. Myles was just as close to him as I was, so it's equally hard for both of us, instead of one of use being able to remain strong for the other one. Yeah, this pretty much sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it except to get through it. Here's a pic of Dave and Myles. My Myles is on the left with the glasses and my Dave is on the right, with his signature funky goatee. =) Damn, I'll miss him.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.It sucks, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh Ann, I'm so sorry. I haven't visited your blog for a few days and didn't realise.
Immi
x