Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Fustrated"

Oh my God, Myles was driving me crazy last night. He kept saying "fustrated" over and over and over. There is no such word! It's "fRustrated" dammit! There are two r's! His response was to tell me to go and get an East Coast dictionary and that it would be in there. Grrrrrr. Then he started saying "Drawring" to annoy me as well. Everyone from the East Coast leaves r's out when they're supposed to be there, yet adds them to words where they don't belong. Can anyone make sense of this for me? It's very irritating to listen to them talk sometimes. =P And then they make fun of me for saying "y'all." "It's so cute, say it again." Oh, two weeks straight with all of them in January is going to be SO much fun. *sigh*

And while I'm on the subject, pacifically...yeah, not a word. It's "specifically." If you can't say it, don't say it. And ethniticity is NOT a word either. It's "ethnicity." All of these drive me nuts. Oh, and here's one some people at my work use..."Valentime's Day." Grrrrrrrrr. There is no such holiday!!! And the kicker? Half these words have been used by some of my college professors. And I'm PAYING these people to teach me. Can someone tell me what's wrong with this picture?

I think I'm done for now...for now. Not for long, though. There's always something else to rant about. Always.

No comments: